pantry. This can cause major problems. If you don't have a stocked pantry, you
are more likely to fill up on snack food or even worse, fast food. You need to
make sure that you have a well stocked pantry so that you can cook healthy meals
without much effort. Don't know what kinds of things that you should always have
on hand? Well, no need to worry about it anymore. We will give you a list of 20
items that are must haves for you pantry.
1. Water his might sound silly, but always have some cold water on hand. Get
yourself a pitcher or something that you can keep water in the ice box.
2. Milk. You should always have some low fat milk on hand. Cereal in the
morning is a great way to get a good easy meal.
3. Fruit. Always have some fruit on hand. It is great for snacking. You can eat
fruit and instead of potato chips.
4. Carrots. These are great for snacking. Just add some low fat dip and you
have a snack that will rival any deep fried snacks.
5. Peanut butter. This is a great way to get some protein without having to
worry about the fat. Use it on your toast for breakfast instead of butter.
6. Eggs. You need these for baking and other specialties. Also they are great
for a protein filled breakfast.
7. Yogurt. This is great for hot summer days. You can make tons of drinks out
of this. Also, it is great with chicken. You should learn a bit about Indian
cooking for more ways to use yogurt. Indians love yogurt and eat it often.
8. Butter. You shouldn't suck on butter like you do a lollipop. But, butter is
a must for baked goods. Also, fried eggs taste great cooked in butter.
9. Lemons. These are a must if you eat a lot of seafood. Also, a cold glass of
lemonade is great after a hard days work.
10. Mayo. Don't use this stuff every day. But, you do need to use some if you
make tuna or chicken salad. It can also be great on low fat cuts of chicken and
such. It is good on items that are dry. Make sure to buy the low fat kind and to
use as little as possible.
11. Mustard. I like to use this instead of mayo on sandwiches. It is a great way
to knock out the fat.
12. Cheese. This is a must have. Don't eat too much of it. But, cheese is the
beauty of life. It can make a dull dish come alive.
13. Drinks. Always have some drinks on hand. Have some fruit juice, beer and
sodas in the ice box. Don't go over board with them, but have a beer from time
to time as a treat.
14. Fresh ginger. This will keep for a long time in your ice box. Don't cover
it or anything like that. Keep it whole in your ice box for best keeping.
15. Bread. You should always have some bread on hand. Don't go hog wild here on
the carbs. A good sandwich is great from time to time. I would suggest that you
find a local bakery and buy your bread there. Don't buy that awful white stuff
that has been sitting on the shelf for who knows how long.
16. Canned veggies and fruits. When in a pinch, canned is better than none at
all. Even though I suggest that you always eat fresh fruits and veggies, you
should have some canned ones on hand. How do you know when you will have a
craving for corn and not have any fresh on hand? Canned food can last a very
long time, so you don't have to eat it right away.
17. Pasta. Want a meal in a minute? Pasta is the way to go. It cooks quickly
18. Rice. Same as pasta.
19. Spices and herbs. Always keep some of these on hand. Go to a place where
you can buy them in bulk. Don't buy those little containers in the store. Not
only are they too expensive, but you don't know how long they have been sitting
there. When you buy from a place that sells bulk, you know that you will be
getting fresh items.
20. Cereal. Great for that last minute breakfast. Have some of this on hand so
you don't have to wait in line at the fast food joint to get your heart attack
on a muffin.
Please come back and visit this site How to have a flatter stomach